If you are looking for a DOT Physical Exam location and examiner for Commercial Drivers in North Central Florida, you found the right place! Get your DOT Physical done quickly and easily at Absolute Health Chiropractic.
DOT Medical Examiner in Gainesville and North Central Florida
ABSOLUTE HEALTH CHIROPRACTIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Doctor of Chiropractic, National Registry #: 1783004227
Certification Date: 4/16/2016
Medical Examiners performing driver medical exams are expected to understand fully the medical standards of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs) and related guidance.
Medical Examiners must enroll, complete necessary training, and pass a certification test in order to be listed on the National Registry.
Here is the article from the DMV on the requirements:
It is mandated by federal guidelines that all commercial drivers pass the Department of Transportation health exam. The goal of this test is to check whether an applicant is fit enough to drive safely now and in the near future. Successfully passing the exam usually means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, unless you have some health problem which could become worse in the future, in which case the you’ll have to take the exam sooner.
Passing the DOT physical will require:
- Need to have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye as well as both combined.
It is mandated by federal guidelines that anyone applying for a CDL must pass the Department of Transportation physical exam. The goal of this test is to determine whether a potential driver is physically capable of driving safely now and in the foreseable future. Passing the exam successfully means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, unless you have some health issue which could become worse in the future, in which case the you’ll have to take the exam sooner.
The basic requirements for passing a DOT physical exam are:
- With or without vision corrections, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, need to have 20/40 vision.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Hearing needs to be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Your blood pressure has to be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication may be used to control blood pressure.
- Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is permitted.
Chiropractor Dr. Weigle | Absolute Health Chiropractic – DOT Physical Exams in Gainesville, FL | 4110 NW 37th Place, Suite D | Gainesville, FL 32606 | (352) 377-7373 | Map & Directions